Burlington accept apple pay, Burlington, also known as Burlington Coat Factory, accepts Apple Pay as a form of payment in its stores. You can use your iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, or Mac to make a purchase using Apple Pay at the checkout. Keep in mind that not all locations may accept Apple Pay, so it’s a good idea to check with the specific store you plan to visit beforehand.
featutres of apple pay
Apple Pay is a digital wallet and mobile payment system that allows users to make secure, contactless payments using their iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, or Mac. Here are some features of Apple Pay:
- Security: Apple Pay uses several layers of security to protect your payment information, including Touch ID or Face ID to authorize transactions and tokenization to keep your card details safe.
- Contactless Payments: You can make purchases at participating stores without having to touch a payment terminal, reducing the risk of spreading germs.
- Easy Setup: You can add your credit, debit, and prepaid cards to Apple Pay with just a few taps in the Wallet app.
- Convenience: You can use Apple Pay to make purchases in stores, in apps, and on the web, making it a versatile payment method.
- Loyalty Programs: Some stores and apps allow you to link your loyalty and rewards cards to Apple Pay, so you can earn and redeem rewards seamlessly.
- P2P Payments: You can send and receive money from friends and family using Apple Pay Cash, which is built into the Messages app.
Overall, Apple Pay is a secure, convenient, and versatile payment method that can simplify your shopping and payment experiences.
Security is a key feature of Apple Pay. Here are some ways Apple Pay ensures the security of your payment information:
- Tokenization: When you add a credit or debit card to Apple Pay, it is assigned a unique token that is used for transactions instead of your actual card number. This means that your card number is never shared with merchants or transmitted over the network, making it more secure.
- Biometric Authentication: Apple Pay uses Touch ID or Face ID to authenticate transactions, which means that only you can authorize payments using your device.
- Device-Specific Number: Each device that uses Apple Pay has a unique Device Account Number that is encrypted and stored in a secure area of the device. This number is used to process transactions instead of your actual card number.
- Secure Element: Apple Pay uses a dedicated chip called the Secure Element to store your payment information. This chip is isolated from the rest of the device’s hardware and software, making it more secure.
- Two-Factor Authentication: Some banks and credit card issuers require two-factor authentication to add a card to Apple Pay, which provides an extra layer of security.
Overall, Apple Pay uses several layers of security to protect your payment information, and the use of tokenization, biometric authentication, and device-specific numbers helps to prevent fraud and unauthorized access.
Contactless payments are another important feature of Apple Pay. With Apple Pay, you can make purchases at participating stores without having to touch a payment terminal, which can be more convenient and hygienic. Here’s how it works:
- Look for the Contactless Payment Symbol: When you’re at a store, look for the Contactless Payment symbol on the payment terminal. This symbol indicates that the terminal accepts contactless payments.
- Hold Your Device Near the Terminal: To make a payment, simply hold your iPhone, Apple Watch, or other compatible device near the payment terminal. Your device will use NFC (near-field communication) to communicate with the terminal.
- Authenticate with Touch ID or Face ID: Once your device is near the terminal, you’ll need to authenticate the transaction using Touch ID or Face ID. This helps to ensure that only you can make purchases using your device.
- Wait for Confirmation: After you’ve authenticated the transaction, wait for the payment to be processed. You’ll see a confirmation on your device and/or on the payment terminal.
Overall, contactless payments with Apple Pay can be a fast, convenient, and secure way to make purchases. By using your device’s NFC technology and biometric authentication, Apple Pay can help to make your transactions more seamless and touch-free.
Easy setup is another key feature of Apple Pay. Here’s how you can add your credit, debit, or prepaid card to Apple Pay:
- Open the Wallet App: On your iPhone, open the Wallet app. If you have an iPad or iPod touch, you can add cards to Apple Pay in the Settings app.
- Tap the Plus Sign: Tap the plus sign in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Follow the Prompts: You’ll be prompted to either scan your card using your device’s camera or manually enter your card information. Follow the prompts to complete the process.
- Verify Your Card: Depending on your bank or card issuer, you may need to verify your card using a code sent to you via text message, email, or phone call.
- Start Using Apple Pay: Once you’ve added your card, you can start using Apple Pay to make purchases in stores, in apps, and on the web.
Overall, adding a card to Apple Pay is a quick and easy process that can be completed in just a few taps. And once you’ve added your card, you can start using Apple Pay right away to make secure, convenient payments.
Convenience is one of the main benefits of using Apple Pay. Here are some ways that Apple Pay can make your shopping and payment experiences more convenient:
- No Need to Carry Cash or Cards: With Apple Pay, you can leave your wallet at home and make purchases using just your iPhone, Apple Watch, or other compatible device.
- Quick and Easy Payments: Using Apple Pay is fast and easy, especially for contactless payments. Just hold your device near the payment terminal and authenticate the transaction with Touch ID or Face ID.
- In-App and Online Payments: Apple Pay can also be used to make purchases in apps and on the web, which can be more convenient than entering your payment information manually.
- Automatic Loyalty and Rewards: Some stores and apps allow you to link your loyalty and rewards cards to Apple Pay, so you can earn and redeem rewards automatically.
- P2P Payments: Apple Pay Cash, which is built into the Messages app, allows you to send and receive money from friends and family quickly and easily.
Overall, Apple Pay can simplify your shopping and payment experiences by eliminating the need for cash and cards, making transactions faster and easier, and providing convenient features like automatic loyalty and rewards and P2P payments.
Loyalty programs are another feature of Apple Pay. Here’s how Apple Pay can help you keep track of your loyalty cards and rewards:
- Add Loyalty Cards to Wallet: Many stores and loyalty programs allow you to add your loyalty card to the Wallet app on your iPhone. This can be done by scanning the card using your device’s camera or entering the card information manually.
- Automatic Recognition: When you make a purchase at a store that has your loyalty card on file in the Wallet app, Apple Pay will automatically recognize your card and apply any available rewards or discounts.
- Notifications: Apple Pay can also send you notifications when you’re near a store where you have a loyalty card or when you’ve earned a reward.
- Partner Programs: Some stores and apps also offer exclusive deals and promotions for customers who use Apple Pay. For example, you may be able to earn extra rewards or discounts when you use Apple Pay to make a purchase.
Overall, Apple Pay can help you keep track of your loyalty cards and rewards by storing them in the Wallet app, automatically recognizing your cards when you make a purchase, and providing notifications and partner programs to help you get the most out of your loyalty program memberships.
P2P payments are a feature of Apple Pay that allow you to send and receive money from friends and family quickly and easily. Here’s how it works:
- Apple Pay Cash: P2P payments with Apple Pay are handled through a feature called Apple Pay Cash, which is built into the Messages app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Link Your Debit Card: To use Apple Pay Cash, you’ll need to link a debit card to your account. You can do this by going to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay > Apple Pay Cash and following the prompts.
- Send Money: To send money to someone, open the Messages app and start a new conversation with the person you want to send money to. Tap the Apple Pay button in the app drawer, enter the amount you want to send, and confirm the payment.
- Receive Money: When someone sends you money through Apple Pay Cash, the funds will be deposited into your Apple Pay Cash account. You can then use the funds to make purchases, send money to someone else, or transfer the funds to your bank account.
- Security: P2P payments with Apple Pay Cash are secure and private. Your payment information is stored securely on your device, and transactions are authenticated with Touch ID or Face ID.
Overall, P2P payments with Apple Pay can be a convenient way to send and receive money from friends and family without having to exchange cash or use third-party payment apps. With Apple Pay Cash, you can quickly and securely send and receive money right from the Messages app on your iPhone or iPad.
In conclusion, Apple Pay is a secure, convenient, and easy-to-use payment system that can make your shopping and payment experiences more streamlined and efficient. With features like contactless payments, easy setup, automatic loyalty and rewards, and P2P payments, Apple Pay can simplify your payment transactions and provide a more seamless payment experience. Additionally, with its emphasis on security and privacy, Apple Pay ensures that your payment information is kept safe and protected at all times. Whether you’re making purchases in stores, in apps, or on the web, Apple Pay offers a fast, easy, and secure way to pay.